Honey, vanilla, brown sugar and All-Bran® cereal combine to give these graham-cracker-like treats a pleasant sweetness and texture. A delicious take-along snack for lunchboxes or picnics.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In medium bowl combine flour, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, sugar, soda and salt. With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in honey, water and vanilla until stiff, sticky dough forms, using hands, if necessary.
2. Roll half of dough on floured aluminum foil, into 15 1/2 x10 1/2 x 1/8-inch rectangle. Place foil and dough in 15 1/2x10 1/2x1-inch baking pan, pressing into corners, if necessary. Cut dough into 3 x 2-inch pieces. Prick each piece twice with fork. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
3. Bake, one pan at a time, at 325° F about 17 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately recut crackers on lines. Cool in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.