Honey Brown Bread
Buttermilk lends a pleasing tang to this hearty honey and cinnamon loaf. We love it for breakfast, toasted and topped with honey butter or strawberry jam. But we've also been told that it's the perfect "anytime" snack. Try it ? and let us know what you think!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
1. Stir together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, raisins, honey and
buttermilk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening.
Beat well. Add flour mixutre, stirring only until combined. Portion into two cans coated
with cooking spray, 4 1/2 inches deep and 3 1/4 inches across, about 2/3 full.
3. Bake at 350° F about 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in ear center comes
out clean.. Slice and serve immediately.