Kids can decorate these trees any way they please, then spread holiday cheer as they share them with friends and families.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 1 tree per serving, 12 trees total
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal with holiday colors
- Vanilla frosting
- Colorful sugar sprinkles and/or mini candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
• In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely
melted. Remove from heat.
• Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
• Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with
cooking spray. Cool slightly. Use a 4-inch cookie cutter coated with cooking spray, cut into
tree shapes. Cool completely.
• Place frosting in plastic sandwich bag. Snip off a small corner of bag. Pipe frosting onto
trees by pressing it through the open corner of the bag.
• Decorate trees with candies. Enjoy.
• In a hurry? Cut Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars into tree shapes and
decorate with frosting and sprinkles