Holiday Mashed Potatoes
Red and green flecked potatoes make a festive holiday casserole. Bake it in the oven or in the microwave.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 20 minutes
- 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely
1. Peel and quarter potatoes. In Dutch oven cook potatoes in enough boiled salted water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl combine tomatoes and enough hot water to cover. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain. Finely chop. Set aside.
3. Mash potatoes with potato masher. (Or, in large mixing bowl beat on low speed of electric mixer until mashed.) Add sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of the butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Gradually mix in enough milk to make potatoes light and fluffy. Fold in onions and tomatoes.
4. Spoon into 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 48 hours. Bake, covered, at 350°F for 40 minutes.*
5. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter. In small bowl toss together KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE Crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and butter. Uncover potatoes. Sprinkle with Crumbs mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 15 minutes or until top is browned and potatoes are heated through.*
*NOTE: Casserole may also be reheated in microwave oven. Prepare potatoes as above. Microwave, covered, at high for 9 minutes or until hot, turning and stirring twice. Uncover. Sprinkle with Crumbs mixture. Microwave, uncovered at high for 1 minute more.