Herb Bran Muffins
Take a break from bread! These savory muffins are a lovely accompaniment for vegetable soup or chicken salad. Use the herb of your choice, and add a spark of flavor to your next ladies' lunch.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon herb of your choice (sage, dill weed, oregano, sweet basil,
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, sesame seed, dry mustard
and herb. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let
stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and margarine. Beat
well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve
2 1/2 inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.