Helen's Potato Pancakes
Having weekend guests? For a very special Sunday brunch, serve these gorgeous orange- and green-flecked potato pancakes with smoked salmon, caviar, sour cream and thinly sliced spring onions. A wedge of fresh lemon and a side of scrambled eggs complete the plate. Five-star flavors for a fantastic meal!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups shredded, peeled potatoes, about 3 medium
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Applesauce (optional)
1. Drain potatoes, onion and carrots thoroughly. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites slightly. Add KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN
cereal, milk, salt and pepper, mixing thoroughly. Let stand about 2 minutes or
until cereal softens. Stir in vegetables.
3. Using 1/4 cup potato mixture per pancake, portion onto lightly oiled, preheated
grill or fry pan. Cook over medium heat (350° F) until golden brown, turning once.
Serve hot with warm applesauce, if desired.