Hearty Pasta Bake
Zucchini hides in this cheese-topped, baked spaghetti entrée.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 package (8 oz.) uncooked spaghetti
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, coatd with cooking spray, brown meats, garlic and onions over medium heat, stirring frequently. Drain juices, if necessary. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, bouillon cube, Italian seasoning, salt, zucchini and KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, mixing until combined. Cover and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Place half of meat sauce in bottom of shallow 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Spread spaghetti evenly over sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Spread remaining sauce over spaghetti. Cover casserole.
4. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and return to oven, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts. Serve hot.