Hearty Chik'n Soup
Recipe submitted by: Lenore.
This recipe was submitted by a MorningStar Farms® fan. MorningStar Farms® brand does not test or endorse any of the recipes submitted by fans.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box
- 4 qt water
- 2 vegetarian boullion cubes
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, including leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 10 sun-dried tomato halves, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta (such as acini de pepe)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- shaved or grated parmesan cheese to taste
Cook Chik'n Veggie Patties according to package directions, and dice. Place all remaining ingredients in large stock pot and add water up to the 4-quart line. Simmer, covered, until vegetables are soft, about one hour. Remove bay leaf and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve with shaved or grated Parmesan cheese.
If you prefer an even heartier soup, add 2 to 4 Morningstar Farms Italian Sausage Links, sliced.