Hearty Bran Rolls
Warm rolls, fresh from the oven, turn any dinner into a special occasion − no matter what the main course. Watch your family savor the scent... break them open... spread the melting butter... and delight in every bite. And then watch them reach for more!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1. In large electric mixer bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, bread flour,
sugar, salt and yeast.
2. Heat milk, margarine and water until warm (115° F to 120° F). Add milk mixture
and egg whites to cereal mixture. Beat on low speed about 30 seconds
or until thoroughly combined. Increase speed to high and beat 3 minutes longer,
scraping bowl frequently.
3. By hand, stir in remaining flour to make sticky batter. Cover loosely. Let rise in warm
place until double in volume. Stir down batter. Portion evenly into sixteen 2 1/2-inch
muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.Let rise in warm place until double in
4. Bake at 400° F about 17 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve hot.
Rolls may be baked immediately after portioning, to obtain smaller, more compact