Hearty Banana Muffins Recipe
A favorite way to start the day gets a nutrition boost from Kashi® Organic Honey Toasted Oat cereal. Tender and moist inside, crisp and toasty outside — yum!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups crushed
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 6 teaspoons organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed organic bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup organic nonfat milk (or plain organic soy milk)
- 4 ounces organic egg whites (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1/4 cup expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In large mixing bowl combine KASHI Honey Toasted Oat cereal, pastry flour, cane sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In another mixing bowl whisk together banana, milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
3. Spoon into twelve, lightly greased, 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let stand in in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm or at room temperature.