Healthy Banana Bread
This hearty loaf is bursting with the flavor of potassium-rich bananas. Egg whites, instead of whole eggs, help cut the cholesterol content, while All-Bran® cereal adds a nutritious boost of fiber. A perfect loaf for snacking, breakfast or afternoon tea. And best of all − you can indulge without feeling guilty!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, fully ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, stir together bananas and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal.
Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until thoroughly combined. Add
egg whites. Beat well. Stir in cereal mixture. Add flour mixture and nuts, mixing until
combined. Spread batter in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out
clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before slicing.