A fun and fruity red-and-yellow pie! This whimsical treat is just right for a kids' party or a summer afternoon barbecue. The All-Bran® cereal crust gives it an unexpected boost of fiber, while the pineapple and cherries give it a delicious retro taste and look. Serve with a dollop of chilled whipped cream.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1/4 cup drained, quartered maraschino cherries
1. In medium mixing bowl, beat together margarine, sugar and flour until
thoroughly combined. Add corn syrup, egg whites, vanilla and pineapple, mixing
until well blended. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Pour into unbaked crust.
Sprinkle cherries evenly over top of cereal mixture.
2. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is set. Cool
completely before serving.