Start a new Halloween tradition with this recipe. It's easy to cook up the walls and roof; then let the kids decorate to their hearts' content.
Prep Time: 3 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 30 minutes
1. In large saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add 1 package (10 oz.) of the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Increase heat to medium. Cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Add 6 cups of the KELLOGG’S COCOA KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 above using remaining butter, marshmallows and cereal, except press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
5. To assemble house, place cereal mixture from 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan on foil-lined tray for base.
6. Cut the remaining pan of cereal mixture into eight 5 x 3-inch rectangles for sides and roof of house. With four 5 x 3-inch rectangles, laying vertical, cut at an angle for roof of house. Place the eight pieces 1-inch apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Use spatula or knife to reshape pieces. Cool. Remove from pan.
7. Stand house front near center of base. Generously pipe frosting to attach four 5 x 3-inch rectangles for the house sides. Use frosting to attach roof pieces. Use leftover pieces of cereal to make chimney and trees, if desired. Decorate house with additional frosting and candies, using frosting to attach candies to house.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.