Happy Wacky Brancakes
These kid-pleasing pancakes are oodles of fun for the whole family! With a nutritious boost from All-Bran® cereal and a fun burst of color from food coloring. Mix up at least three colors for the wackiest results!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- Food coloring
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat egg until foamy. Stir in milk and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
3. Remove 3 portions of batter, each measuring 1/3 cup, placing each in small bowl. Add different color of food coloring to each, mixing well, until batter is brightly colored. Drizzle colored batter on lightly greased and preheated griddle to make faces. Cook until surface is no longer glossy and is covered with broken bubbles. Dip out 1/4 cup uncolored batter. Pour evenly over face. Cook, turning once, until well browned on both sides. Serve hot.
Brancake House: Drizzle colored batter on preheated griddle to make door and window. Then pour 1/4 cup uncolored batter over these to form house. Cook as directed above.
Brancake Cat: Drizzle colored batter on preheated griddle to make face. Pour small amounts of uncolored batter over face to form head and body. Then drizzle on more colored batter to form ears and tail. Cook as directed above.
Brancake Mouse: Drizzle colored batter on preheated griddle to make face Pour small amounts of uncolored batter over face to make head and big ears. Cook as directed above.
Brancake Name: Print the name of the guest of honor (Mom, Dad, Sis) on preheated griddle using either colored or uncolored batter. Cook as directed above. Each letter is separate pancake.