Pungent horseradish adds pizazz to the mustard sauce that lightly drapes over these old-fashioned ham croquettes.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 5 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds coarsely ground cooked ham
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Vegetable oil or shortening (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE
Crumbs, onion, 1 egg, ketchup and mustard. Beat well. Add ham. Mix until
combined. Shape into 16 croquettes. Set aside.
2. In shallow dish, beat remaining egg and water until foamy. Dip croquettes
in egg mixture. Coat evenly with the remaining 3/4 cup crumbs.
3. Fry in deep hot oil at 375° F about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain
on paper towels. Serve hot with Parsley Mustard Sauce.
4. To make Sauce, melt margarine in 1-quart saucepan, over low heat. Stir in
flour and salt. Add milk,stiriing until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook
until mixure boils, stirring constantly. Remove form heat. Stir in mustard,
horseradish and parsley. Serve hot over Ham Croquettes. Yield: 8 servings