Ham and Cheese Casserole
Everyone in the family will appreciate this make-ahead brunch entrée. Just put the egg, cheddar cheese and savory ham casserole together the night before serving. In the morning you only need to top it with crushed Town House® crackers and Parmesan cheese before baking.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 5 hour 20 minutes
- 5 cups cubed multi-grain or other firm-textured bread (about 6 slices)
- 1 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups fat free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 28 Keebler® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese or grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place half of the bread pieces in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch (2 qt.) glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with ham and cheese. Arrange remaining bread pieces on top.
2. In medium bowl stir together eggs, milk, sage, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture in dish. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
3. Sprinkle with KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Original crackers. Lightly press crackers into bread mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 325° F for 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into squares.