Guacamole Chicken Salad
Dazzle guests with a main-dish salad whose vibrant flavors—guacamole, cumin, chili powder and refreshing lime juice—liven up grilled chicken.
30 minutesTotal Time:
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican-style chili powder or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper or yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Wholly Guacamole® Classic
- 36 Keebler® Club® Original crackers
- 36 Keebler® Town House® Original crackers
1. In small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup of the lime juice, oil, lime peel, cumin, chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, sugar and black pepper.
2. Lightly pound chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/2-inch thickness, using the flat side of a meat mallet. Place in plastic bag set in shallow pan. Pour lime juice mixture over top. Close bag. Marinate at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
3. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill chicken directly over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
4. Let chicken stand for 5 minutes. Finely chop chicken. In bowl toss together chicken, red pepper, onion and cilantro. Stir in WHOLLY GUACAMOLE Classic, remaining lime juice and remaining salt. Serve with KEEBLER CLUB Original crackers.
*Note: If desired, serve the chicken salad in hollowed out tomato shells. To make shells, cut off and discard top 1/2 inch of large tomatoes. Use spoon to remove seeds and pulp. Cut decorative edge on shells, if desired.