Grilled Spicy Black Bean Burger Pizza Recipe
Keep the kitchen cool by grilling these south-of-the-border inspired pizzas outside.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Buy Now
- 2 7- or 8-inch Italian bread shell pizza crusts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese*, shredded queso quesadilla cheese* or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Salsa (optional)
- Fat-free sour cream (optional)
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Brush olive oil over bread shell pizza crusts. Sprinkle with cumin. Top with cheddar cheese. Divide burger pieces, tomato slices, queso fresco cheese and green onions among shells.
3. In covered grill place bread shells on rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill about 6 minutes or until cheddar cheese melts and pizza is heated through. Cut each into quarters. Sprinkle with cilantro.
4. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
*NOTE: Queso fresco is a mild cow's milk cheese that crumbles. Queso quesadilla is a mild white cheese that melts easily. Both are found in supermarkets or Mexican groceries.