Grilled Mangoes and Cheddar
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large mangoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sea salt
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons honey, warm
- 2 limes
1. Preheat grill. On cutting board hold one mango on its side. Slide sharp knife next to seed along one side of mango. Repeat on other side of seed, resulting in two large pieces. Repeat with second mango. Remove peel from mango pieces.
2. In small saucepan cook butter over medium heat, without stirring, for 3 minutes or until light brown. Remove from heat. Lightly sprinkly with sea salt and pepper. Pour over mango pieces. Toss until coated.
3. Grill mango pieces on rack of grill directly over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until nicely marked, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove mango from grill. Lengthwise cut each piece in half. Crosswise cut each piece into 1/4-inch -thick slices.
4. Place one mango slice on each cracker. Place on baking sheet. Reserve remaining mango flices for garnish. Sprinkle mango-topped crackers with Cheddar cheese. Broil 4- to 5-inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Drizzle honey over cheese. Squeeze juice from one-half lime over top. Cut remaining limes into wedges.
5. Arrange topped crackers, lime wedges and reserved mango slices on serving platter. Serve warm.