Grilled Indian Flatbread with Goat Cheese
Traditional East Indian flatbread, naan, gets crispy on the grill. This recipe tops it with caramelized onions, spiced burgers, juicy tomatoes and goat cheese. Serve them as a main dish. Or, cut each delicious flatbread into pieces and serve them as an appetizer.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups very thinly sliced onions
- 4 pieces (about 3 oz. each) tandoori naan or pita bread
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1. In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add onions. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Uncover. Cook for 8 to 15 minutes more or until beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Indian Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
3. Brush tops of naan with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place oiled-side down on grill over medium heat. Close lid. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until grill marks appear on bottom of the crust. Carefully turn naan over.
4. Spread onion mixture on naan. Top with tomato slices, burger pieces and cheese. Close lid. Grill over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese begins to melt and bottoms of naan are crispy. Remove from grill.
5. Sprinkle with mint. Cut into pieces to serve.