Grilled Black Bean and Pork Burritos
Serve these great-tasting burritos at your next patio party. Cook and chill the pork up to 2 days in advance. At party time, set the pork mixture, bean mixture, cheese and tortillas out. Guests can make their own burritos.
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 4 cups water*
- 1 pound lean pork stew meat*
- 1 medium onion, quartered*
- 2 cloves garlic*
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 8 (9- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- Salsa (optional)
- Fat-free sour cream (optional)
1. In Dutch oven combine water, pork, onion and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes or until pork is tender. Drain meat. Discard onion and garlic.*
2. Cool meat slightly. Use two forks to shred meat, discarding any fat or cartilage. (If desired, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
3. Use back of spoon to slightly mash beans. Stir in cereal, chile peppers and cumin. Set aside.
4. In medium bowl stir together pork and salsa. Spread bean mixture on tortillas. Top with pork mixture, cheese and onions. Fold tortilla edges over filling. Fold in sides. Roll-up, completely enclosing filling. Secure with toothpicks.
5. Grill filled tortillas on grill rack directly over medium-low heat about 7 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove toothpicks. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
*NOTE: If desired, substitute 2 cups shredded cooked pork or chicken for the water, stew meat, onion and garlic. Omit step 1 of the directions. Continue as directed above, starting with step 2.