Green Bean Amandine
A lovely side dish that's elegant enough for your holiday table, but simple enough for any time. And did we mention that it's nutritious? It has the fiber you'd expect from hearty brown rice and All-Bran® cereal, plus carrots and green beans. And it's all topped with crunchy, delicate, toasted slivered almonds. Yum!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 package (10 oz.) (about 3 1/4 cups) frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. In medium saucepan combine broth, butter, basil, lemon pepper and onion. Bring to boiling. Stir in rice. Return to boiling. Immediately pour into 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes at 375°F. Top rice mixture with beans and carrots. Bake, covered, about 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cereal. Sprinkle with almonds.