Grandma's Molasses Brown Bread
This hearty quick bread is scented with molasses and ground cinnamon and dotted with chewy, sweet raisins. And with whole-wheat flour and a full cup of All-Bran® cereal, it offers 10% of the DV for fiber in a single slice. Grandma would be pleased.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light molasses
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Stir together flours, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites slightly. Add KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN
cereal, oil, molasses, hot water and raisins. Let stand 5 minutes or until cereal
softens. Beat well. Add flour mixture, mixing only until combined. Spread evenly
into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Store, wrapped tightly, in refrigerator.