Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups Keebler® Graham Cracker Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, well drained
- Maraschino cherries
1. Lightly grease two 9-inch round baking pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside. In small bowl combine graham crumbs, flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat 1 cup sugar and margarine or butter on medium speed of electric mixer until well combined. Add egg yolks and vanilla. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
3. Alternately add crumb mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until just combined. Stir in pecans.
4. Using clean mixing bowl and beaters beat egg whites on medium speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into pecan mixture. Spread in prepared pans. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool thoroughly.
5. Meanwhile, chill small mixing bowl and beaters of electric mixer. In chilled bowl beat cream and 2 tablespoons sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in pineapple.
6. Fill between layers and frost top of torte with cream mixture. Garnish with maraschino cherries. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Store in refrigerator.