Good for You Sloppy Joes
Red peppers, onion, tomatoes and All-Bran® cereal add flavor, fiber, and vitamins and minerals to these family-favorite skillet sandwiches. Not to mention, Sloppy Joes are a great way to stretch your family food dollar. A fun Saturday night dinner for all!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot or zucchini
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced fire-roasted tomatoes with green chiles or diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Carrot sticks (optional)
1. In a large skillet cook beef, onion, sweet pepper, and carrot until meat is brown; drain fat. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and salt.
2. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Serve in buns. Serve with carrot sticks (if desired).