Good and Spicy Meatballs
A sweet and tangy tomato sauce drapes over these hearty meatballs. Serve them over hot cooked noodles or rice.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, the 2 tablespoons ketchup and egg. Mix in ground beef. Shape in 1 1/4-inch meatballs. Place in single layer, in shallow baking pan, coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 400° F for 12 minutes or until browned.
3. In 4-quart saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add meatballs. Continue cooking 15 minutes. Serve over rice or egg noodles, if desired.