Golden Yeast Biscuits
These tender, light biscuits made with yeast, baking powder and baking soda conjure up memories of grandma's kitchen.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105-115° F)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- or 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Combine yeast and water. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, KELLOGG'S Corn Flake Crumbs, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
3. Thoroughly combine buttermilk, oil and yeast mixture. Add to CRUMBS mixture, mixing only until combined. Turn dough out onto floured surface. Knead 10 times. Pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Using 2-inch cutter, cut dough into biscuits and place 1/2-inch apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover with waxed paper and let stand in warm place for 1 hour or until double.
4. Bake at 425° F about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Yield: 20 biscuits