Golden Crisp Chicken Salad
Crispy, baked chicken tenders, coated with Kellogg's® Special K® Red Berries cereal turn a romaine-and-pear salad into a satisfying main dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless split chicken breasts
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper seasoning salt
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Red Berries
- 1 package (10 oz.) prepared torn romaine
- 1/4 cup fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 pear, cubed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds toasted (optional)
1. Wash chicken and cut into 1-inch strips lengthwise. Dip in mixture of egg white and water. Roll in KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K Red Berries cereal until evenly coated. Place in single layer, on baking sheet covered with foil coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle any remaining crumbs over chicken. Spray chicken pieces lightly with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 325° F about 20 minutes or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking.
3. Toss romaine with vinaigrette and portion onto serving plates. Place hot chicken over romaine and sprinkle with pear and nuts. Serve immediately.