Golden Carrot Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded raw carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice for frosting.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, and oil. Stir in carrots, pineapple, walnuts, if desired, and KELLOGG'S RAISIN BRAN cereal. Add dry ingredients, mixing until well combined. Pour into 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
5. To make frosting, combine pineapple juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread evenly over cake. Cool and store in refrigerator.