Gingered Pear Cranberry Crisp
This version of a fruit crisp adds a slight twist with fresh fall pears and bright red dried cranberries.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 medium pears, cored and thinly sliced (about 9 cups)
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Vanilla Almond
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups frozen low-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
1. In 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish toss together pears, cranberries, 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of the whole wheat flour, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.
2. In small bowl combine remaining brown sugar, remaining whole wheat flour and KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K Vanilla Almond cereal. Drizzle with butter. Mix until combined. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until fruit is tender.
3. Serve warm with scoops of frozen yogurt, if desired.