Gingerbread Spice Rice Krispies Treats®
All the flavors of gingerbread are stirred right into these crunchy, peanut butter bars.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
1. In large saucepan combine corn syrup and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in peanut butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice until smooth. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Press into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Cool completely.
3. In small saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Evenly spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until set. Cut into 2-inch squares.