A spicy cure for ordinary pancakes! Wake up your Saturday morning breakfast table with these gingery, cinnamon-y, molasses-rich cakes. Serve them hot off the griddle with warm maple syrup or orange marmalade.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Warm orange marmalade, applesauce, maple syrup or apricot preserves (optional)
1. In large bowl stir together egg, milk, cereal, molasses and oil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt, stirring until just combined.
3. For each pancake, on lightly greased, preheated griddle pour about 1/4 cup batter into circle. Cook over medium heat until top is bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Turn. Continue cooking until set. Serve warm with warm marmalade, applesauce, syrup or preserves, if desired.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
*NOTE: You can also top these pancakes with fresh fruit such as raspberries or blueberries for extra fiber.