Ginger Spice Cookies
Homework can wait! These spicy-sweet ginger cookies are just the right after-school snack. A cup and a half of All-Bran® cereal gives them a healthful boost of fiber. (But it's mom who adds the love!) Serve with a nice tall glass of ice-cold milk and a hug. Irresistible!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Granulated sugar
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flour, soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and brown sugar until thoroughly combined.
Stir in egg whites and vanilla. Add cereal mixture, mixing until combined. Drop by
rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Flatten with bottom
of glass dipped in granulated sugar.
3. Bake at 350° F about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire
rack. Store in airtight container.