Ginger Lemon Creme Dessert Muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Caramel ice cream topping
1. Cut 6 cookies into 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside. In small bowl stir together 1/4 cup of flour and brown sugar. Cut in margarine or butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
2. In large bowl stir together remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt. In small bowl stir together egg, buttermilk and oil. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just moistened. Fold in chopped cookies.
3. Spoon into muffin cups lined with paper bake cups or lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
4. Bake at 400°F for 16 to 19 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
5. Cut 4 cookies into 1/4-inch pieces. Cut each muffin in half. On each of twelve dessert plates arrange two muffin halves and scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with ice cream topping. Sprinkle with cookie pieces.