Garden Fresh Lasagna
This gorgeous vegetarian lasagna features sautéed spinach and mushrooms, a creamy layer of mozzarella, and a crunchy, savory topping made of All-Bran® cereal and Parmesan cheese. Serve it with a crisp green salad and a basket of garlic breadsticks for a hearty, family-pleasing meal.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 can (1 lb. 12 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 container (16 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/3 cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (8 oz., 2 cups) shredded, part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In 3-quart saucepan, cut up tomatoes with spoon. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, onions, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 15 minutes.
2. In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and dry milk powder until well blended. Set aside.
3. Squeeze spinach in paper towel to drain thoroughly. Set aside.
4. In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray, assemble lasagna by arranging 1/3 of the noodles on bottom of pan. Using 1/3 of each, layer ricotta cheese-cereal mixture, spinach, tomato sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering ingredients 2 more times, ending with Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle top with a mixture of the remaining 1/2 cup KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and Parmesan
cheese. Cover loosely with foil.
5. Bake at 375° F for 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.