All of the flavor and tradition, with half the work! These luscious squares make fruitcake easy ? to cook, to serve, to eat and to store! Fragrant nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves spice up the candied dried fruit and nuts, while All-Bran® cereal ensures that the texture is soft and chewy. A great new old favorite!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped, candied pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped, dried apricots
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup nut halves
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flour and baking powder. Add fruits,
mixing until well combined. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in fruit
mixture and nuts.
3. Pour mixture into 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled
with flour. Press lightly to distribute fruits evenly.
4. Bake at 300° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Cool completely. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Decorate with additonal fruits
and nuts, if desired. Store in airtight container.
Recipe is best made at least one week before serving. After cooling, wrap carefully
and store in airtight container at room temperature.