With every bite, look forward to delectable raisin, date and walnut-filling inside a tender pastry that is topped with a drizzle of powdered sugar glaze.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup marmalade
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
1. To make filling, combine raisins, dates, nuts and marmalade in small
mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, stir together KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal,
flour, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender, cut in shortening until
mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk and mix with fork until dough holds
3. On lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into
4-inch circles with floured cookie cutter. Top each with 1 tablespoon
filling. Moisten edges with water. Fold in half and press edges with fork to
seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Place on baking sheet coated
with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on wire
rack. Drizzle hot empanadas with glaze made of powdered sugar and water.
Serve warm or cold.