Fruit Cocktail Cobbler
A country-style dessert goes upscale elegant! This easy fruit cobbler features orange-scented, brown-sugar-glazed fruit cocktail topped with a nutty, sweet, biscuit-like All-Bran® cereal crust. Serve warm, with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of French vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (1 lb. 14 oz., 3 1/2 cups) fruit cocktail
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
1. In 2 quart saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in fruit cocktail.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and is thickened and
clear. Stir in orange peel. Spread evenly in ungreased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg until thick and lemon-colored. Add hot water
gradually, beating constantly. Add granulated sugar gradually, while beating. Fold
in vanilla, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and flour mixture. Spread over fruit cocktail
4. Bake at 375° F about 45 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Serve warm
with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.