Frozen Pumpkin Pie
Dates and walnuts stud this melt-in-your-mouth crust that encloses the pumpkin ice cream filling.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 3/4 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1. In 2-quart saucepan combine dates and water. Cook and stir over low heat until
mixture forms soft paste. Add margarine and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, granulated sugar and nuts to date paste.
Mix well. Press mixture evenly and firmly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan
to form crust. Chill.
3. Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, spices and ice cream in large mixing
bowl. Thoroughly mix. Spread in chilled cereal crust. Freeze until firm. Remove
from freezer and let stand about 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with whipped
topping, chopped nuts or ginger, if desired.