Frosty Holiday Pie
Maraschino cherries and cream cheese make a rich filling for this double chocolate, crunchy crust.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- or Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 4 packages cream cheese (3 oz. each), softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup quartered maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 1/4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Halved maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
- Slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
1. In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine, corn syrup and chocolate morsels
together over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, stirring until well coated. With back of spoon, shape mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan coated with cooking spray, to form crust. Chill.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in brandy. Fold in cherries, almonds and whipped topping. Spoon filling into chilled crust. Garnish with additional maraschino cherry halves and toasted slivered almonds, if desired. Freeze at least 4 hours.
For easier cutting, let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes before