Frosted Raisin Bars
These yummy bars are studded with raisins, rich with the flavors of brown sugar and vanilla, and frosted with a delectable powdered-sugar icing. And best of all, each serving offers 5% of your daily fiber RDA. Dare we say it - these little dessert squares have raised the bar!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and raisins.
Add flour mixture, mixing until well combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking
pan coated with cooking spray
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Cool completely.
4. Prepare Powdered Sugar Frosting by combining all ingredients and beating until
smooth. Spread over cooled raisin bars.