A rich chocolate-butterscotch layer tops these peanut butter and cereal bars.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) butterscotch chips
1. Measure corn syrup and sugar into medium-size saucepan. Stir to combine.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture begins to bubble.
Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter.
2. Add KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal. Stir until evenly coated. With back of
tablespoon press mixture evenly and firmly in bottom of buttered 13 x 9 x
2-inch pan. Cool.
3. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in small saucepan over very low
heat, stirring constantly. Spread even over cereal mixture. Cut bars when