Froot Loops® Crisps
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Froot Loops® cereal
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Place KELLOGG'S FROOT LOOPS cereal in shallow dish or pan. For variegated color effect, do not mix after crushing. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, soda, and salt in small mixing bowl.
3. Blend butter, sugar, and lemon peel in large mixing bowl. Add egg and lemon juice; beat well. Add dry ingredients; mix thoroughly.
4. Shape dough into 2 rolls about 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter; coat rolls carefully with KELLOGG'S FROOT LOOPS cereal to cover completely. Wrap in waxed paper covering ends so dough will not dry out; chill for several hours or overnight. Slice about 1/8-inch thick; place on ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake at 375° F about 9 minutes or until lightly browned.