Fresh Tomato Cheese Pizza
The crust makes the pizza - and the All-Bran® cereal makes the crust! The crust on this vegetarian pizza has a delicately sweet and nutty taste and a delightful texture, thanks to the addition of All-Bran® cereal. Try it with our topping recipe or add your favorites to make a delicious and family-fun meal.
Prep Time: 4 hour 35 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 55 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 Bread Machine Pizza Crust
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups thinly sliced plum tomatoes (about 10 tomatoes)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1. In bread machine combine all ingredients according to manufacturer's directions. Select dough cycle that does not bake bread. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine. Punch down. Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Finish as directed in desired Topping recipe.
1. On lightly floured surface roll each half of dough into 10-inch circle. Place each on greased baking sheet, building up edges of dough slightly. Use tines of fork to prick bottom of crust. Cover and let rise in warm place for 35 minutes or until nearly double in bulk.
2. In small skillet cook onion and garlic in olive il over medium heat about 5 minutes or until translucent. Gently spread onion mixture over crusts. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake crusts at 375ºF for 10 minutes or until heated through.
*NOTE: For another delicious topping, use prepared pizza sauce, part-skim mozzarella cheese, reduced-fat cheddar cheese and thawed and cumbled