Fresh Potato-Carrot Casserole
All-Bran® cereal makes a crunchy and savory topping for this comforting casserole of scalloped potatoes and carrots. Seasoned with rosemary and thyme, this home-style dish is a wonderful accompaniment to roast chicken. Serve with a fresh green salad on the side for a satisfying and simple early autumn meal.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 1/2 cups sliced potatoes (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots (about 1/2 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- 1 cup fat-free milk
1. Melt the 2 teaspoon margarine. Stir in 3/4 cup of the KELLOGG'S COMPLETE
Wheat Bran Flakes cereal and the thyme. Set aside for topping.
2. Place potatoes and carrots in medium saucepan with salted water to cover.
Bring to boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain.
3. Melt the 2 tablespoons margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Stir in
flour, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Add milk gradually, stirring until smooth.
Increase heat to medium and cool until mixture boils and thickens, stirring
constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Gently stir in potatoes, carrots, and remaining 1/4 cup KELLOGG'S COMPLETE
Wheat Bran Flakes cereal. Pour into 1 1/2-quart round casserole. Sprinkle
with cereal topping.
5. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.