Fluffy Orange-Lemon Pie
Summer in a pie! Sunny citrus fruits lend a refreshing, tangy zing to this scrumptious chilled dessert, while chopped walnuts and All-Bran® cereal combine to make a nutty, tender, slightly sweet crust - the perfect counterpoint to the sweet-tart filling. Delightful!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 can (5.3 oz., 2/3 cup) evaporated milk
- 1 can (11 oz., 1 1/3 cups) mandarin orange segments, drained, reserving syrup
- 1 package (3 oz.) lemon flavored gelatin
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, nuts, margarine and sugar. Press
mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch glass pie plate to form crust.
2. Bake at 375° F for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Chill.
3. Pour evaporated milk into small bowl of electric mixer. Place in freezer until ice
crystals form around edge.
4. Meanwhile, add water to reserved mandarin orange syrup to measure 1 1/4 cups
liquid. Add gelatin. Let soften 5 minutes. Bring mixture to boil in small saucepan.
Pour into large bowl of electric mixer. Chill until slightly thickened.
5. Beat thickened gelatin until frothy. Add orange segments, reserving some for
garnish. Beat well. Beat milk until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Pour
into cereal crust. Chill until firm. Garnish with reserved orange segments.