Fluffy Light Graham Cake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 45 minutes
- 2 cups Keebler® Graham Cracker Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Grease two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. If using round pans, line bottoms with parchment or wax paper. If using rectangular pan, lightly flour pan. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl stir together graham crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl beat shortening on medium speed of electirc mixer until softened. Add granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Alternately add crumb mixture and milk, beating until just combined after each addition. Spread in prepared pan(s).
4. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. If using round pans, cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans. Cool completely. If using rectangular pan, cool completely.
5. For frosting, in small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, sour cream, margarine or butter, vanilla, lemon peel and nutmeg. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until combined. Increase speed to medium. Beat until fluffy.
6. For round cake, frost between layers, sides and top of cake with frosting. For rectangular cake, frost top of cake with frosting.