Fish Nuggets with Creole Sauce
These crisp-coated catfish pieces with a spicy, tomato dipping sauce measure up to New Orleans finest.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound catfish nuggets (about 36 nuggets)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, paprika and onion powder in shallow dish or pan. Set aside.
2. Combine milk and egg in second shallow dish or pan. Dip fish nuggets into egg mixture. Coat with cereal mixture. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 20 minutes or until fish flakes. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145ºF. Serve hot with Creole sauce.
4. To make Creole sauce, cook garlic in oil over medium heat until browned, stirring constantly. Add onions, green pepper, celery, sugar and red pepper flakes. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato paste and water. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with fish nuggets.