Fig Wheat Bites
These unusual, biscuit-like cookies are a great lunchbox snack for kids of all ages! With 2 cups of All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal, flavored with cinnamon and honey, and studded with chewy dried figs, they're a yummy way to add fiber to your diet.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup figs
1. Stir together flour, soda and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat together butter, honey, milk and egg whites.
Add flour mixture, stirring until combined. Mix in cereal and figs. Drop onto lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with bottom of floured glass.
3. Bake at 375° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies