Fig Honey Bread
Honey, vanilla, and dried figs lend a sweet bouquet and a satisfying crunch to this harvest time bread. Serve it with a steaming cup of hot coffee to take the chill off after a day of raking autumn leaves. Enchanting!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, dried figs
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon milk
1. In large mixing bowl, pour boiling water over figs, honey and shortening. Add
KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, mixing until combined. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens and mixture is lukewarm. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to cereal mixture, stirring
only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking
3. Bake at 350° F for 35 minutes. Brush with milk and bake 15 minutes longer or
until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand in pan 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and completely cool on wire rack before slicing.